Join-Up International donors can now make their charitable dollars go farther. Donating long-term appreciated securities directly to Join-Up International, rather than selling the assets and then donating the cash proceeds, is one of the best and easiest ways for donors to give more. By taking advantage of the applicable tax incentives, donors can significantly increase the amount of their donations.
YOU CAN NOW DONATE
LONG-TERM APPRECIATED SECURITIES TO JOIN-UP INTERNATIONAL
A charitable contribution of long-term appreciated securities, such as stocks, bonds and/or mutual funds that have realized appreciation over time is one of the most tax-efficient of all ways to give. This method of giving has become increasingly popular in recent years. Here are the two key advantages:
1. Any long-term appreciated securities with unrealized gains (meaning they were purchased over a year ago, and have a current value greater than their original cost) may be donated and a tax deduction taken for the full fair market value of the securities, for up to 30% of the donor’s adjusted gross income.
2. Since the securities are donated rather than sold, capital gains taxes from selling the securities no longer apply. The more appreciation the securities have, the greater the tax savings will be.
If you are looking to maximize your charitable contribution, consider donating your long-term appreciated securities.
FOR STOCK HELD BY A BROKERAGE FIRM
1. Give your Broker the following information to transfer a gift of stock to Join-Up International:
• Brokerage account is with Charles Schwab
• Account number is 3507-1990 and the DTC number is 0164.
• Charles Schwab’s address:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 52013
Phoenix, AZ 85072-9749
• Join-Up International has a designated Registered Investment Advisor, Index Fund Advisors (ifa.com); please contact Anne Page at (888) 643-3133 with any questions.
2. Either you or your Broker should contact Anne Page by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (888) 643-3133 with the name of the stock(s) and the number of shares being transferred. This ensures the gift will be properly credited and acknowledged.
STOCK HELD BY SUPPORTER